December 24, 2011

"Why I Celebrate Christmas"

Tons of amazing food (especially brownies, cookies & hot cocoa), beautiful lights, the smell of a fresh Christmas tree, wonderful music playing in the background, piles of presents under the tree longing to be unwrapped, hecka cool lights on "Christmas Lane" & a hecka big Mexican family are no doubt some of the amazing things I love about Christmas.


And There Is Still Missing Some.... I Love My Family!
As I get older I realize more & more that Christmas is so stinking amazing, but not because of the debt that millions of people rack up trying to buy presents, not because of the super awesome food that tantilizes my tastebuds & not even because I get to spend some quality time with my super sexy & crazy Mexican family... Christmas has become more & more amazing to me each year because as I mature I gain a deeper understanding of how truly amazing God's gift of His Son Jesus was to humanity...

It's silly to me how Christians try to fight for why Americans should be celebrating Christmas. You can't expect a culture & people to celebrate what they do not know.

You can't expect a culture & people
to celebrate Someone they do not know...

I've learned that people around me will do whatever they want to do during this season because of what they believe & value, not because of what others say they should do. Some will max out credit cards & get into tons of debt, some will seek to have a good time with family, some will do nothing... But as for me, I'll celebrate Christmas to honor, remember & reflect on the moment heaven invaded earth in the flesh, grace was revealed to humanity like never before & the promise of God to bring salvation to earth was fulfilled.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna eat hecka food (don’t worry though, I'm for sure gonna get back on my Captain America work out, but for real, not for fake), I'm gonna hecka enjoy my family, I can't wait to see some more amazing lights & I do loooooooooove presents.

But, I'm gonna let my life & love demonstrate that
"Jesus Is The Reason For The Season."

I refuse to let some flashy sign display it for me. I will not allow a catchy phase burn in the hearts & minds of my culture what my life & words should be conveying. Rather than trying to force people to celebrate according to what we believe, our lives & our celebration of Jesus should be so extravagantly captivating that the world can not help but want to join the party.

With every gift I give I will give as a reflection of God giving the gift of His Son. With every song I sing I will sing to the glory of my King. And with every tasty morsel I devour, I will consume with thanksgiving in my heart for the Bread of Life who broke His body on my behalf…

The more I mature the more I understand why
I celebrate Christmas, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. I celebrate it out of thanksgiving! ������☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful story. Grateful for you PJ!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete