February 14, 2012

"Encouraged Beyond Logic"


Can't Wait For
New Car
Encouragement is something that I think is very underrated. This week I had numerous, let’s say opportunities to either freak out or faith up. Here are a few things that happened: one of my good friends being in the hospital for heart issues, receiving an emergency phone call at midnight for a family situation and my car hood flying up on the freeway (at 11:30pm) smashing my windshield. Not to mention that numerous nights I was up past 2:30am, had work, school & all that other good stuff. Let’s just say there were plenty of things that could have caused me to shrink back.
However, in the midst of all these seemingly difficult situations I see great
things happening.


 After much prayer, after my friend had tests done the doctors said they found nothing wrong with his heart! Through the family emergency my family is coming together in a way like never before – we’re discovering what it truly means to be a family & love as a family. With my car, I’m alive, there was no accident & I can’t wait to see how God is going to bless me with a new car. In the late night & early morning study times (like waking up this morning, on my day off, at 6am to finish an assignment) my friends & wife have shown me how loved & supported I am (thanks Carlos for studying with me last night!!!).
To some it may not make sense to be encouraged in all these things, but I truly believe that in ALL things we are more than conquerors!
Some would look at the situations above & think that things are falling apart, but I am soooooo encouraged. To be encouraged means to be infused with courage, to be empowered with the strength to face struggle with confidence/boldness/tenacity, or to be strengthened in heart to face daunting situations. It's to be filled with a 'never say die' faith & attitude in the midst of a 'it looks like death' situation.
Encouragement is not the absence of difficulty, but a wind of courage that rushes through your heart in the midst of these types of situations.
I have felt stronger than ever, full of faith for these situations & excited to see how God is working them out for good. My friends, church & family have been there to infuse me with courage by their words, actions & tons of love. My friends, family & situations have reminded me of God’s promises over me & I know that goodness & mercy cannot help but chase me down the street & take me over!
Take some time to encourage someone today with words, actions & gestures.
God wants to use you to infuse someone with courage, to empower them to face their day with confidence & to pour into them a tenacity to never say die! Encouragement is far more powerful than you think!

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word," (2 Thessalonians 2:15-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment