March 30, 2012

Beyond Function To Intimacy In Prayer

Tonight we enter into night 13 or our 21 Days of Prayer "We Won't Relent" (you can tune in from now until April 7th from 7 - 8:30pm by going to www.livehope.us "media" "Ustream). We have been seeing God move powerfully in the hearts of the congregation, our families & situations.

One thing that God has been speaking to me during this time is that we often trade intimacy in prayer for the function of prayer. When our focus is on the function of prayer it leads to legalism, work & fruitless striving. Yet, when our focus in prayer is seeking a deeper intimacy with God it leads to delighting in God's presence, longing for a deeper understanding of His heart & willingness to wait on Him.

I want to encourage you to delight yourself in the Lord today, to let your heart be set on drawing near to Him. Choose to shift the way you view pursuing God today. God's promises to us are,

"I love those who love me & those who seek me find me," (Proverbs 8:17) 
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart," (Jeremiah 29:13) 
"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near," (Isaiah 55:6) & 
"The lions may grow weak & hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing," (Psalm 34:10).

Let's seek Him with all that we are!

1 comment: