February 4, 2012

"We Cannot Diminish"

This week I got a bit sick. My body started to shut down, head felt woozy, nose hecka stuffy and I just felt straight up weak. However, I was still at work, still had school and while I tried to rest a bit I knew I still had to move forward.

Call me crazy, but there is something inside me that never says die!


"If you are going to expect great things,
you must attempt great things"
 I know that rest is necessary, good & a gift from God. Don't get me wrong, I loooooove to sleep. But, if the kingdom of God is forcefully advancing & Jesus says that the kingdom of God is within me then I should be forcefully advancing too.

This means that when things are pushing against me: emotions, thoughts, physical tiredness or discouragement then I am to force my way through it. Yet, I know this is not meant to happen by my own strength, but by the resurrection power of Jesus in me through the Holy Spirit. Too often we ‘always say die.’ Too often we throw in the towel to early. Too often we turn and run in the face of adversity when Jesus did the opposite.

Jesus stood in the midst of adversity & pursued the purpose of the Father with
great love & tenacity!

"Our strength never
diminishes in adversity"
I want to live as one who truly believes that as the people of God we cannot diminish. The kingdom of God knows no retreat! The kingdom of God knows no defeat! Defeat is not in our God's vocabulary! Show me in Scripture where God was defeated... Show me where Jesus was defeated! God did not abandon Him to the grave & He is right now seated at God’s right hand!

We cannot diminish. We are a people that moves forward in hope, love, strength & power even in the midst of weakness. For in our weakness, God's power is made perfect! We think our weakness disqualifies us for victory. But, Paul saw his weakness as that which qualified him for victory. It was his weakness that opened the door for God’s power to manifest in that area of his life. As the Lord told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you!"

It's time to wake up, shake ourselves & live as a people who know that no matter what comes,
hell or high waters,
we cannot diminish!


2 comments:

  1. Amen! The other day, I began to feel symptoms of the flu. You know, the ear aiches, muscle and joint pain and this head aiche that was just horrible. Yet, despite all of that, my "inner champion" was at his strongest and I was able to overcome this simply by using the authority invested in me through Christ. Something about our authority in Christ that causes us to want to fight and win 'til we have overcome! I must have had the flu for less than 60 seconds before it went back to where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, my wife just called me over to our bedroom moments after I wrote the first comment. She shared with me that our littlest, Ramon a.k.a. "Monie" had a fever. Probably caused by a new tooth coming in. Immediately the "inner champion" in me rose up and wanted to knock this foo (sickness)out!! "Pick'n on my son foo? I ain't play'n!" ...and off to work I went. Literally felt warmth in my hands (which has never happened before), layed hands on my boy and in the name of Jesus that fever went down immediately! I would say it took no more than 10 mimnutes for the fever to obey my demand. Anyone else sick?!

    ReplyDelete