January 26, 2013

Shut Your Wife's Mouth


Shut your wife’s mouth and die. Husbands, the minute you choose to silence the voice of your wife you have intentionally cut of one of the greatest sources of God given wisdom, discernment, support, love, & instruction for your life. I know we like to think we know everything & we got it all figured out, but if we were to be completely real with ourselves we are often clueless.

I remember driving in the car with my wife one time & she asked, “Babe, are you lost?” I confidently responded, “No, I’m just trying to figure out where to go.” Aren’t many of us like this? For whatever reason we believe that knowing what to do, knowing where to go, knowing what to say, & knowing how to solve the problem in every situation makes us a man; it doesn’t.

A true man & husband knows how to exalt his wife, draw the greatness of God out of her, & allow her to step into her place as a ‘rescuer.’ Yes rescuer. “The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him,” (Genesis 2:18). The literal translation of the word “helper” is rescuer. And, if we were to be completely honest, most of us husbands need to be rescued from foolish words we speak, hasty promises we make, the consequences of our irresponsibility, & from being overwhelmed with such a powerful call of God on our marriage – we were never meant to do it alone.

Husbands, I want to empower you to thrive in your marriage. And, I want to spare you from missing out on so many awesome blessings in your marriage. Let my words sink deep into your heart & spur you on towards unlocking the greatness of God in your wife.

Husbands, your voice is not the only voice that matters in your marriage. Your wife has a voice. God has given it to her. Listen to her. Learn how to listen to Him through her. Pray that her voice would be so in tuned with His that you can’t tell the difference.

Stop saying, “She just nags me… She never encourages me… She always complains… She only brings out the bad stuff…” Take you place as a husband & pull the greatness of God out of her. “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue,” (Proverbs 31:26). Let us be husbands who empower our wives to take their place & radiate with the glory of God.

Let’s Do This Together
Where have you written off the voice of your wife because it has become too ‘familiar’? How do you need to shift your heart in order to empower your wife enter into God’s greatness for her life & your marriage?

1 comment:

  1. Most know about us, we are the Bermudez Family. We are "Out of State" members. We live in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, some 1600 miles East of California. A few days ago, our church celebrated the Grand Opening of a new Pizzeria called "Sliver Pizzeria" in Berkeley California. It is partly owned by family members of our church. Our entire family church attended the event. Although we could not attend the event, we were able to view it via photos on Facebook. Another day, we seen pictures of Pastor Joseph's birthday celebration. Just last Sunday, we were able to tune in to U-Stream to live stream our church's 9th year Anniversary. We had a blast!!!! Though our hearts rejoiced with theirs, it still doesn't feel the same as being there. I shared with my Father in heaven just yesterday about the loneliness and longing I feel to want to be closer to our biological and church family. He never responds. Well, just not in the way I'd want Him to. When I got home, my wife couldn't help but notice my demeanor and asked. I hesitated and just said I was ok, just had a hard day at work, that was all.

    She hugged and kissed me and began to pour out the reasons why we could not move back to California. Main reason, she added..."God has not said so. He never fails us. He has a good reason and we will reap wonderful benefits if don't give up." It made perfect sense! Immediately my demeanor changed. Peace began to fill my heart as the Holy Spirit Began to remind me of what God's plan for our lives is and what needs to be done first to accomplish it. But how did she know what I was exactly going through? How was she able to speak out in such condfidence? The answer is simple. She listens to God and patiently waits for the proper time to speak. When she does, it is wonderful! WE EMPOWER OUR WIVES WHEN WE "CHOOSE" TO LISTEN TO THEM AND VALUE WHAT THEY HEAR FROM GOD AS THOUGH He's saying it directly to us (husbands). Our marriage has blossomed as a result and continues to grow. So grateful for my wife, Naomi Bermudez!

    ReplyDelete