January 11, 2013

Thank God It's Friday


Thank God it’s Friday! You feel me? It’s so easy to go into our Fridays excited about the weekend, exuberant that the week is over, but already dreading Monday. As a result, it leads us to go into our Friday half-hearted. You know the kind of thoughts that could flow through your mind, “I’m just going to do what I got to do today to get by… I need my energy for this weekend… It’s Friday, I’m not working hard… I gave it my all the last four days, I’m clocking out early & they better not saying anything about it.” Anybody? Or, is it just me that has had these crazy thoughts?

Today, choose to make your Friday great. It is not how you start, it is how you finish! I’m sure you’re familiar with the story of the Tortoise & the Hare (Turtle & Rabbit). Starting strong is only the first step, it is finishing strong that matters. You don’t work hard because you are trying to please somebody. You don’t work hard because you need to prove anything to anybody. And, you don’t work hard because you are trying to become somebody. You work hard & give your best because that is who you are, no matter where you are, no matter who is around you, & no matter what you are doing.

How are you going to make your Friday great? How are you going to add value to the lives of your family, co-workers, or employer? You may be saying, “Well they never add value to my life! They didn’t do anything for me this week.” Perhaps what you are saying is true, but that is not the point. Who you are is not based upon what others have or have not done. You are setting a standard of value for your life & choosing to add value to the lives of others, regardless if they deserve it or not.

So I ask again, how are you going to make your Friday great? What is one thing that you could do today to finish strong? What is one thing that you could do today to add value to the life of someone else?

Please take a moment to share. I would love to hear your thoughts about how you are going to make your Friday great, finish strong, & add value to the life of someone around you. 


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. 
It is the Lord Christ you are serving." 
(Colossians 2:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment